The Parish Church of St James the Great Audlem South Cheshire in the Diocese of Chester
St James is a community of people who are encouraging one another in our growing in our experience and understanding of God’s love. We have much to learn and don’t have all the answers but we know that in the teaching and life of Jesus Christ we find something, and someone who has the potential to change us.
Like all Christians, and all people, we make mistakes but we believe in God’s forgiveness and a fresh start. If you would like to join us in exploring God and his love and grace then you will be made welcome – whoever you are.
We are part of the Joint Benefice of St Jame’s Audlem, St John’s Doddington and St Chad’s Wybunbury and work closely with The Methodist and Baptist Churches in the Village of Audlem.
St James Church takes its duties and obligations to protect everyone extremely seriously. Find out more by selecting the Safeguarding heading above.
Zoom Service Photos for Sunday 5th July 2020
No photos for next Sunday but please have a candle or other sort of light to hand if you can
Thank you to all who have contributed to Helen's, Gift. This will be presented at the Service online on Sun 21 June
Covid 19 Virus Advice from the Church of England 17.03.2020
The two main points are that:
* public worship is being suspended with immediate effect
* this does not mean the church is shutting - rather we are moving to a different way of operating.
There is information about this on the national website. Please check this:
BENEFICE OF Audlem, Wybunbury & Doddington………………
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE PCC’S OF THE BENEFICE TO BE HELD VIA ZOOM ON 1ST JULY 2020 AT 2.00 PM TO TRANSACT BUSINESS REQUIRED BY SECTION 11 OF THE PATRONAGE (BENEFICES) MEASURE 1986
NOTE THAT THE ARCHDEACON WILL ADVISE ON ZOOM CONTACT DETAILS
- Appointment of Chairman - The Archdeacon agreed to chair this meeting
- To note that the Diocesan Director of Human Resources as Designated Officer has given notice of the consequent vacancy.
- To appoint two representatives to act in connection with the vacancy.
- To decide whether or not to request the patron to advertise the vacancy.
- To decide whether or not to request a meeting with the patron and the Bishop in accordance with section 12 of the Measure.
- To decide whether or not to request a written statement from the Bishop.
- In relation to the Priests (Ordination of Women) Measure 1983, to decide: whether or not to make a Letter of Request. (See the ‘Filling a Parish Vacancy’ document).
- Close of meeting